Thursday 16 March 2017

Book Review: An uncommon Courtship

From the Back:

Lord Trent Hawthorne couldn't be happier he is not the duke in the family. Free to manage his small estate and take his time discovering the life he wants to lead, he has grand plans of someday wooing and falling in love with the woman of his choice. When he finds himself honor bound to marry a woman he barely knows, his dream of a loving marriage like his parents' seems lost forever.

Life for Lady Adelaide Bell was easier when she hid in her older sister's shadow--which worked until her sister got married. But even with her socially ambitious mother's focus entirely on her, the last thing she expected was a marriage of convenience before she's been introduced to society.

With nothing going as expected, can Trent and Adelaide's marriage of obligation survive their own missteps and the pressures of London society to grow into a true meeting of hearts and minds?
My Reflections:

This is the third book in the Hawthorne House series, written by Kristi Ann Hunter. I would recommend reading these in order as it gives the reader insight into the family dynamics and essential back stories.

I so wanted to be swept away with this novel, I loved the plots concept, the cover, and the main character Adelaide. She was quirky and different. I felt her pain, such a hard situation to endure, but even my endearment to this character just couldn't turn this novel around for me.

I think most of my disinterest stemmed from Trent Hawthorne, can we say wishy washy? He was hot then cold. He didn't act as I thought one might in his situation, forced marriage or not. The steamy romance was a little over the line, nothing explicit just a tad too much detail for my liking. It may have seemed essential in the development of a new marriage, but I don't need those details to enjoy a story. Please use caution when handing this one over to your teen. I rate this 18 plus for the young adults in your life.

The backdrop centered around tedious tea serving sessions and high society musings, the monotony was just too much for me.

I love the whole marriage of convenience scenario, the regency era and such but this book just did not deliver for me, but perhaps I just need more tea? This is just one reviewer's humble opinion It may very well be another person's absolute favorite.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc

THE AUTHOR



Kristi Ann Hunter
  1. Kristi Ann Hunter graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in computer science but always knew she wanted to write. Kristi is the author of the Hawthorne House series and a 2016 RITA Award winner and Christy Award finalist. She lives with her husband and...
    Continue reading about Kristi Ann Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...