Saturday 16 July 2016

Movie Review: Miracles From Heaven







About this Movie:

Miracles From Heaven is based on the story of the Beam family, Jennifer Garner plays Christy Beam, whose daughter Annabel (Kylie Rogers, Fathers, and Daughters) suffers from a rare digestive disorder, but finds herself miraculously cured after surviving a terrible accident.

My Reflections:

If you are looking for a movie with it all, look no further, Miracles from Heaven the movie for you! Available now on DVD. This drama is based on a real family and true events. This movie is sure to make you cry, so have the Kleenex ready before you push "play" 

Filled with drama I found this movie to be deeply touching. This show is geared towards christian families and contains good morals and true to live emotions and reactions to a deeply touching theme. I am pretty sure my un-churched friends may not appreciate the faith aspects this story contains, I however love these types of movies and quite enjoy sharing them with my teen aged children.

Patricia Riggen's film stars Jennifer Garner as Christy Beam and Queen Latifah as a Boston Waitress who befriends the family. Our wee little main character is Beam's second oldest daughter, Annabel (Kylie Rogets) She does a fabulous job of acting and is endearing to the point of painful! You seriously just want to scoop her up and make all her illness go away!

This movie made me weep and rally, I was fighting along side mama bear Christy as she sought help for her ailing daughter. Among financial strain and faith shaking consequences the audience is carried along as miracles unfold and faith is once again strengthened in the process of healing and refining. 
The characters were strong, well developed and extremely touching, Sony out did themselves with this well rounded motion picture! I'm so proud of big companies like Sony, taking the chance to go against the tide and produce solid family friendly faith filled movies. I can't wait to see what comes out next!

I would certainly recommend this movie to anyone who is looking for a clean and moving drama. I would however caution parents to pre-screen this movie to assess the age appropriateness for their family, as it contains graphic medical procedures and intense trauma.

Movie access was granted to me by Graf-Martin Communications for the purposes of this review, my opinions are my own. Thank you Graf Martin Communications!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...