Thursday 21 January 2016

Book Review: The Berenstain Bears Easter Sunday




My Reflections:

As a child my favorite books were the Berenstain Bears collections, and now that I have children of my own I want to continue the tradition of providing fabulous books.

The newest Berenstain adventure is titled Easter Sunday, by the Living lights, a faith Story collection. Written by Mike Berenstain, Stan and Jan Berenstain's son you will be reaquainted with the Bear family that you have come to know and love.

This book opens with the bears getting ready for for church as they do every Sunday. This Sunday however the mood is brimming with excitement as they prepare to celebrate Easter! 

What I really loved about this book was the fact that the book highlighted our beliefs surrounding Easter and the importance of celebrating Jesus, not the Easter bunny. I also enjoyed the fact that this book illustrated the fact that all families celebrate Easter a little differently and that some families still enjoy easter egg hunts, while still believing in the true meaning of Easter!

At the back of the book parents can find a section labeled Activities and Questions from Brother and sister bear. This is a great resource for parent and children to dig a little deeper and have meaningful discussions about what they believe and then plan a fun activity after.

All in all a fabulous book for young kids, I highly recommend purchasing this one for your family collection of wholesome literature.

I received this book free of charge in return for my honest review from Book Look Bloggers. Thank you Book Look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...