Thursday 23 May 2013

"Natural" weed killer with three ingredients you have right now in your home


 Another "Natural" Post on Weeds.


I find myself coveting the strangest things these days. Here is a few :

1) Friends gardens.

2) Peoples barns (big ones) that can hold all manner of agricultural goodies.

3) Quiet chairs, where one can rest undisturbed, for copious amounts of time.

4) Clean homes.

5) Goats..I know, I know..stop already!

Coveting is a sin, did you know that?
I am quite aware of this pesky habit I indulge in. So when I find my self thinking on the lines of... oh look at that pretty goat, I bet she would make some sweet milk.

I stop, shake my curly head and tell my self that goats stink, and well common people they are a whole lotta WORK!

No really what I honestly do is reevaluate why I am green, around the eyes.
I always come up with the same ol' answer: because I am not focusing my attention on the things of this world that really matter, the things that will not rot, be stolen or wither with age.

I must lift my eyes up towards the heavens, to the things of this world that truly matter.

Then I am content again. so simple so easy so perfectly perfect...o'kay I stole that form a moosletoe book...stealing is a sin too..but maybe not so much if you confess it....oh bother I have work to do :-)

OK not to discount what I just stated: The Weeds are Taking Over!

So here is a natural remedy to kill the weeds and not harm the environment.

All you need is three little ingredients you probably already have in your house right now:
~Vinegar
~Salt
~Dish soap
~Empty spray bottle

Here is what you do:

Mix 1 gallon of white vinegar, 1/2 cup salt, Liquid dish soap (any brand), Empty spray bottle. Put salt in the empty spray bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with white vinegar. Add a squirt of liquid dish soap. This solution works best if you use it on a hot day. Spray it on the weeds in the morning, and as it heats up it will do its work.

Lickity split dead weeds...not so sure how it will do on a whole Lotta weeds, like in my berry patch, but for pathways and small areas this works like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...