Friday 31 May 2013

How to make your own natural plant fertilizer


How to make your own plant fertilizer... Naturally, of course!

I was browsing the isles at our local store looking for plant food. I didn't find what I was looking for though. So when I got home, I went searching the web, on how to make my own. So in this blog post I will share those nifty tricks with you:


Use in Place of:
Houseplant food
Vegetable fertilizer
Rose plant food                                                   

What You Need:
  • 1 Tablespoon Epsom Salt
  • 1 gallon water
  • A watering can.  So simple so easy so perfectly perfect..yes the quote from the children's moose book again!
What You Do:
1. Combine the Epsom salt and water.
2. Use the solution to water your plants.
3. Repeat once a month.

Why This Works:
Epsom salt is made up of magnesium and sulfate – both vital plant nutrients. Some magnesium-loving plants to try it on: houseplants, roses, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes.

I am going to go and pull out my Epsom salts. Another great use for Epsom salts is to add it to the bath to soothe those aches away!    
t                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...