Thursday 21 February 2013

Your purpose, milking a goat?

You ever wonder what your gifts are?
Just look at that fun, oh wait does she have a hot chocolate in her hand?
I think this year I am going to embark on a journey to really discover what my gifts are!
I am not going to lie to you this year has been fraught with challenges and trials worthy of those gray hairs I keep pulling out.

Life in general here in the middle of no where is usually quite peaceful, filled with busyness, school work and business ventures.
Do you ever find though that in all the rushing and flutter you wake up some days and go WHY?

Do you find yourself asking who am I? Why am I here and what is my purpose?
I am not talking about your cleaning lady role, your superb diapering jobs or even your savvy goat roping skills.
No I am speaking of your PURPOSE. Why the heck are we running here and there, wearing ourselves out trying to keep all the balls in the air.

Is it because:

A) We really like to run around feeling tattered and frazzled?

B) You find satisfaction in roping goats, and frankly it is as close to affection as you will get to day?

C) Life just passes in a blur and it is all you can do to keep it together.

D) You feel God has a purpose in all this. You are not sure what it is but are willing to ride it out to find out.

C) Everyone expects you to.

D) You love your family.

E) You know your Purpose and are living fully in it!

Which ones did you pick?
I sure hope it was E, that was my favorite!

Fine I will tell you what I chose #B, because you know how much I want a goat! I can't wait to learn to milk it!
~ Insert D.T. rolling her eyes at me, muttering "Oh doll, give it a month"~

Wherever you are in my fabulously handy multiple choice questionnaire, know that God does have a plan.
Now right here and now...frankly.....I am having a wee bit of trouble digging  mine out from all this chicken poo poo....but I have no fear God's got it all worked out!
 He is my superman, and I am who I am...just plain ol'me. I am sure he can work though a broken down, worn out, tired and addle minded country girl.
After all I'm pretty fun, just ask my friends, they have lots of funny stories about me.
Oh wait I don't think some of them are all that funny.ah..never mind.. Have I mentioned I get lost easily?

But if you are still having trouble figuring out your gifts here is a great tool to discover your spiritual gifts. a little part in discerning your meaning in life.

http://mintools.com/spiritual-gifts-test.htm

No surprise there, after taking the test it seems I am all on the compassion, service side and not so much on the teaching, leadership side.

No worries, mate I will go get my self a goat and speak sweet nothings in its ear as I milk her and show her how considerate and witty I can be, then I will share the goat milk with you, cuz that is where I shine my little light!

And yes friends, I am Blogging at 1 am again, that says it all....

Hugs and love, my prayer for you is that you find your passion in life, that you feel worthy and productive and that you know God will and can use you in the good and the bad.
So chin up, you are loved! Everyone has a special, unique gift, you just have to be you and keep on smiling.....

Romans 12:1-5 

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...