Sunday 21 October 2012

almost 1 year in the country.




Fall is definitely here, the wind has picked up the leaves are whirling through the air and the wood stove is in use almost every day now.

This use to be my least favorite time of year, but I think I am growing and embracing change. Do you think that happens as you get old?
I guess there must be some truth in the thought that you mellow with age, things that you once though so imprtant, your apperance, your friends, the type of car you drive and the man on your arm.

Yep I still want to look good, heck I would love it if they came up with a make up that doesn't cause me to break out in itchy hives!
 And you bet I would love a few close friends to spend the afternoons with sipping tea and swapping funny stories.
 My car, well it is a mini van and most of the time the seats are out to accommodation boxes of chickens. Ha you thought I would say it was filled with children, yes friends that was my old life. :-)
My man? he is usually working, but when he is home it is so nice to snuggle up with a good movie together.

It is almost my one year "movin to the middle of no where" anniversary.

Would I go back?
I would for my friends, I miss them still.
But other than that, no I think I am smitten with the country life.

I like the freedon of wearing my rubber boots with my skirt. Feeding chikens scraps from the table, and greeting neighbours with the country wave, weather I know them or not.  I enjoy watching the kids catch frogs, and play in the woods. Life is good. The middle of no where seems to be where I am suppose to be for now.

It has been quite a year, looking back I see God's hand in it all. I see where he has nudged me, where had to smack me on the head with a wet chicken and where he hugged me tightly to him. It is always so easy to look back over things with clarity, the future is where fear has it's fun and uncertanty plays. So friends I think I will live in today. It really is all I have, So I had better go and embrace my night, my two girls, are waiting to play a family game.

Blessings.

Acts 1:7

He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...