Wednesday 11 July 2012

How to treat a sunburn with tea!!

 

 

How to treat a sunburn

Ok so it is now finally summer and while browsing some cool sites I came across this post.

I am so going to try it tonight as I can feel a little burn on my back starting to tingle. Yep didn't apply the sunscreen on my self, did everyone else, but me. Silly silly girl!


But Oh, Oh, Oh it was such a lovely time of playing in the river today, I am loving it here now that it is summer! so here it is try it I am.
 I think I may have a nice cup of tea and just stick the tea bag right onto the burn, I am still a city girl at heart and easy is my thing, besides who wants to clean the bath tub!


If this works Its an extremly easy and effective method to treat a painful sunburn. Not to mention cheap, because I am such a cheapo!

Step 1:Gathering materials

You will need a total of five things.
  1. A bathtub to do this in (preferably ceramic, so it wont stain)
  2. A pitcher
  3. A rag that you dont mind getting stained
  4. Water
  5. Three bags of black tea (I use Earl Grey)

Three Earl Grey tea bags,Old rag,Pitcher,Dirty ceramic bathtub

Step 2:Fill the pitcher

First things first, strip down, because you dont want to get any of your clothes wet. Fill the pitcher with warm water and soak the tea bags in it. When you have the water almost black, like the picture, then move on to step 3.


Almost black tea water

Step 3:Healing the wound

Dunk the rag into the tea, and dab it onto the sunburn. DO NOT WIPE IT OFF! Leave it on and let it be absorbed into your skin. Once its dry, re-apply as necessary, but never wash it off. If you do this process before bedtime, you can go to sleep and give it time to work its magic. In the morning you can wash it off in your shower. The sunburn should be substantially subsided or all gone, but remember: the sooner you can apply the tea after you get the burn, the quicker and more effective it will be.

Note: I had a severe sunburn and I also used the tea bags straight up, dabbing them directly onto my skin. You may use as many "coats" of tea as you want, but the more the better.

Posted to Instructables by drpepper8412 (The original poster)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...