Sunday 4 March 2012

The Simple life



So here I am writing my blog at 10:58 PM, not the best time to write you say?
I disagree, the house is quiet, the kids safely tucked into bed and my mind primed for idle chit chat, even if it is my own chit without the chat.

So my thought today is what about a simple life?
I am growing more fond of this thought as time goes by and I live out my days in this secluded place. I think on it often, and wonder can I accomplish it?

I’ve broken my definition of simple into a few different parts.
  • Uncomplicated – Not complicated by something outside itself. wrap your head around that one.. This means that our lives are free of stress, complexities, or things that make living a difficult process. Ok so I must admit I am working on this one! Is this even possible?
  • Undecorated – To me this is about living frugal. Spending money on what is necessary and not blowing it on false needs. Wow..yes.. I remind my self of this daily, OK I did purchase the Organic extra virgin olive oil, ...I admit it!! But for me this means buying clothes from a thrift store instead of buying the latest and greatest new trend.
  • Pure – This applies to living healthy and living in a way that is pleasing to God. I don't listen to music that is filled with negativity and cuss words, praise and worship is my favorite .....OK as I read this it sounds stuck up and idealistic but really I am not going for that....just my life goal, I fall short in every category this is my idealistic bucket list people!
  • Innocent – This word pertains to living in a way that is respectful. I know that it is stretch when it comes to talking about simple things, but it is important nonetheless. Getting along with our families, friends, and even strangers can be challenging at times. To create peace, and love, we need to put some effort into our relationships, what is life without those close people who make your life a happy safe place?
  • Basic – This word is similar to uncomplicated, but I am going to take it even farther. to live a life that is not cluttered by our own humanity. I fall so short in every category here but my life is like a puzzle, my pieces are still being found and fit together. I am so unfinished, but perhaps when my time here is up I will be a little more "put together" God uses our unfinished scrambled lives to create a beautiful picture whole and compete, only when we give all our pieces to him. If you are anything like me you probably have a few pieces clutched tightly in your hand, my goal to live simply is very simple indeed. Give all those pieces to HIM and trust that my picture will be put together in his time not mine.

My definition was not so simple…

I know, I know. That definition was as far from simple as it could be, I hope I did not lose you! Any way
What does the word “simple” mean to you? How do you apply simplicity to your life?

Bible verse for today:

Galatians 5:22 

 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...