Monday 26 March 2012

septic or well?

Strange occurrence here this weekend.
When moving here we knew we needed a new well put in. Our is not in very good shape and harbors pesky bacteria, the harmful e-coli. (not related to the canine breed)
I was wondering why no one came to visit?

Oh well, but really things seemed peachy, we faithfully dumped bleach down the hole and felt reasonably safe as long as we didn't drink it, a temporary fix until we can put in a new one.

This weekend a whole new "situation" cropped up.
Me assuming my kids or dog had too many beans thought nothing of it, that is until I had a shower, and thought "that is not ME"
It seems my water has taken on a hmm.... earthy, smell. OK forget the polite language.. it smells like poo!

Now DH is away again, always is when something is amiss, so what to do...
Last night I dumped about half a gallon of bleach down, picture me in the dark with a flashlight searching for the hole...Did I mention I am kinda scared of the creatures in the forest, they crash around as soon as the moon shines. I am sure it is only a few scrawny deer, but you know how my imagination runs wild!

 gosh, my life is a real adventure I tell you!

So low and behold this morning I gingerly turn on the tap only to discover that now my water smells like chlorine mixed with poo! Glory be!

On the bright side my toilets are sparking clean, with no help from me.
Always looking for the silver lining....

 Proverbs 16:22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...